Price and Terms
your graphic designer
We work with clients locally, nationally and internationally. Kostroma Art Studio is a full-service graphic design studio, specialising in branding, fine art, print media and web. We offer highly crafted, unique and creative solutions in everything from corporate identity to brochures and booklets, advertising and signage, packaging, web solutions and fine art. We understand the needs of small businesses and passionate about offering affordable solutions whether you are starting out or rebranding and updating. We work closely and together with clients to meet their objectives.
Our goal is to create exclusive graphic design or art with purpose. Today in our fast-paced world, you tell people who you are in just a handful of seconds. You are your image to potential customers. Understanding this, the foundation of our work is a fusion of creative design and effective business communication. We endeavor to capture the essence of your entire business and condense it into recognisable elements that are yours alone – design to be proud of. Our top goal is to help you succeed in making a positive and lasting impression on your clients and your customers. We succeed when you succeed.
STAGE 1: Project Discussion.
In our initial discussion, we will get an idea of the purpose of the project and an idea of what is desired and expected from you, as well as discussing budget and goals. This can be done over email, phone, skype or in person. If you have them, please bring any ideas, samples, sketches, or examples of work to the initial consultation to get our creative ball rolling.
STAGE 2: Roughs/Comps.
Based on the Project Discussion and research of your product and field, you will be given a few rough design options (or “comps”) from which to select and/or alter. Typically two rounds of comps/changes is ample for most projects. Your input through the entire process is of course encouraged; after all, it is your end result. For efficiency, comps are usually sent by email and changes can be discussed however is easiest.
STAGE 3: Finalisation.
Design is finalised based on selection after stage 2. All production work (organising files for press and/or print) is included. We will organise printing of your designed files if needed and the final product will be delivered directly to you. If you are having a logo designed, you will be provided with a downloadable link with archive of all final files in a variety of formats for future use. You are granted full rights to the final design. You will have contact with us throughout the entire project.
Everything will be done to accommodate your project deadlines, and new work is always welcome. However, please note that there may be a wait for the commencement of your project based on the business schedule. Every project is booked in advance so please plan ahead and book your project with as much advance notice as possible (two or three weeks or more is ideal) so you can be sure to be accommodated for.
POINT OF CONTACT
For efficiency and ease, we ask that you provide just one project manager, or point of contact, for each project. This assures that time is spent designing rather than sifting through emails from several people within the company.
IN THE END
Kostroma Art Studio wants you to be happy not only with the end result, but through the entire design process. Because this is greatly a word-of-mouth business and we really love referrals and return business, we want you to have a positive experience. Building a design for your starting or growing business should be fun and easy.
Often holding the finished design in your hands is the thing that makes it all feel real.
“BUT MY NEIGHBOR’S FREND WILL DO IT FOR 25 BUCKS.”
Designing isn’t hard. Designing well is. It is about research, science and art. No doubt someone somewhere is cheaper. But how much is the image of your business worth? I never encourage someone to spend more than what is in their budget but I do encourage that you trust the quality, competence and experience of your designer before starting on your project.
Kostroma Art Studio charges an hourly rate of $50. If you require an estimate, your estimate will be based on an approximation of hours spent for a high-quality job, but the amount you spend can be up to you. I am happy to tailor a project to meet a budget, but lowering the budget means lowering the hours dedicated to the job. The resulting project will still be well designed, but often simpler and less eye-catching than a project based on the recommended estimate or hourly charge.
For all projects estimated over $100, a 50% deposit is required. For printing a 100% deposit is required.
Please note cancellation fees in “Terms”.
IMAGES – Photography editing, and/or sourcing, if necessary, is an additional charge at the standard hourly rate. Photos for publications need to be supplied by the client at print resolution 240-360dpi, at an appropriate size to print, preferably in .tiff or .eps format. Note that most photos/logos taken from the web are only 72dpi and may infringe on copyright. Logos for print projects are ideally provided by the client as a vector-based .eps or a very high resolution image file. If you have any questions about images, please feel free to ask.
PRINTING – For standard digital print jobs, Kostroma Art Studio uses own high quality printers with competitive prices and proven quality.
MEETINGS – The initial consultation in Stage 1 is free, in which we will discuss the commencement and ideas for your project. Subsequent meetings to discuss the work will be charged at the hourly fee.
URGENT WORK – Standard business hours are M-F, 9-6. If the need arises for an urgent job to be worked on outside of standard business hours, an overtime rate may be charged at double the hourly rate. Please notify us if you are in need of urgent work.
1. JOBS ON HOLD – If the design process or printing process is put on hold or standstill for more than 30 days, the Designer reserves the right to charge for hours to date, renegotiate terms for design costs and attain requotes for printing.
2. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS – Upon receipt of full payment, rights to final branding and logos remain with the client. Rights for republication of print materials remain with the client. All rights not expressly granted hereunder are reserved to the Designer, including but not limited to all rights in sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials created by the Designer. Designer reserves the right to show examples of Client’s work in portfolio, including but not limited to online portfolio and promotion via social media.
3. FEES & EXPENSES – Client agrees to pay the purchase price agreed upon by both parties at time of quote, and stated on the invoice, for the usage rights and services granted. Client agrees to pay GST, if required. Client agrees to reimburse the Designer for all expenses of printing as well as related expenses within 5 days of files being sent to print.
4. ADDITIONAL USAGE – If Client wishes to make any additional uses of the Designs, Client agrees to seek permission from the Designer and make such payments as are agreed to between the parties at that time.
5. ADVANCES – For projects estimated over $100, a 50% deposit is required. For Printing a 100% deposit is required.
6. REVISIONS – The first two rounds of revisions are included in the quote. Afterwards, the Designer shall be given the first opportunity to make any revisions requested by the Client. If the revisions are not due to any fault on the part of the Designer, an additional hourly fee shall be charged. If the Designer objects to any revisions to be made by the Client, the Designer shall have the right to have his or her name removed from the published Designs.
7. CANCELLATION – In the event of cancellation by the Client, the Designer reserves the right to charge for hours spent to date. In the event of cancellation, the Designer shall own all rights in the Designs and/or comps provided to date. The billing upon cancellation shall be payable within 5 days of the Client’s notification to stop work or the delivery of the latest design comps, whichever occurs sooner. Designer reserves the right to cancel the job at any time for any reason.
8. RELEASES – The Client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Designer against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to materials included in the Designs at the request of the Client for which no copyright permission or privacy release was requested or uses which exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release. Regardless of which designer you choose, we encourage you to decide on a designer with whom you are comfortable, in whose abilities you are confident and whose style you really like. Kostroma Art Studio understands the needs of businesses and aims to not only meet, but exceed, your objectives. We look forward to the chance to work with you.
If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to have a look at our portfolio for a sample of work from our many happy clients. If Kostroma Art Studio seems like the right fit for your next project, please contact us.